Whether you’re a logistics provider or working in production, the automation of certain processes can add a new dimension of productivity. This can be done by step-by-step automation of single processes; or a complete system conversion for large operations.
Get the most out of your operation and…
- Optimise your flow of goods: automation contributes to a consistent workflow with efficient driving behaviour. Intelligent order and fleet software minimises transport distance and avoids clustering, improving productivity in your operations, 24/7.
- Increase the safety: automated trucks are equipped with state-of-the-art safety laser scanners which detect any obstacle and stop when needed.
This secures a safe working environment, even when working closely to humans.
- Minimise damage: the highly accurate navigation and detection systems of automated warehouse forklifts will avoid causing damage to your goods, infrastructure and trucks. Which will also decrease your damage and service costs.
- Optimise your use of staff: by having automated trucks doing the repetitive work, your workers become available to handle more complex tasks with added value.
- Increase your energy efficiency: Charging of these trucks can be done automatically with Lithium-ion batteries, which don’t require any maintenance or human involvement.
Size doesn’t matter
No matter the size or type of your business, automation can be an added value. Yes, even for small warehouses and manufacturers. Whether you’re a logistics provider or working in production, the automation of certain processes according to your needs can add a new dimension of productivity. This can be done with a step-by-step approach, automating certain processes of everyday load handling; or a complete system conversion for large operations. Even the type of navigation can be matched to your business: reflector navigation if you have continually changing surroundings or natural navigation for environments remaining fairly constant, or dual navigation if you want a combination of both
Which part of your operations can you automate?
Think of all the repetitive load handling going on in your warehouse. Automation can be implemented in the following different sections:
- Long-distance pallet transport: horizontal transport of heavy loads between work stations
- Block stacking: stacking in blocks for compact storage
- High-level storage: storing and retrieving goods at height
- Towing: delivering parts just in time between work stations
- High-density storage: pallet transport in racking
Want to apply this lean approach to your organisation? Find out more about automation today and discover how you can benefit from the wide range of automated solutions from Toyota.